Ahoure named ACC’s Indoor Track and Field MVP

Senior sprinter Murielle Ahoure was named the ACC’s Indoor Track and Field Performer of the Year after her performance at the ACC Indoor Championships during the last weekend of February.

Ahoure won both the 60 and 200-meter conference titles. She set the 200-meters meet record in the qualifying run with a time of 23.16, but broke it in the finals at 23.14.

The ACC Performer of the Year award is the third straight won by a Hurricane woman. Krista Simkins earned the honor last year after winning in the 200 and 400-meters. In the outdoor season, Kristy Whyte claimed the honor when she won both the 100 and 200 meters.

The Bristow, Va., native will compete at the NCAA National Indoor Championships in College Station, Texas, March 13-14.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...