Ahoure named ACC’s Indoor Track and Field MVP

Senior sprinter Murielle Ahoure was named the ACC’s Indoor Track and Field Performer of the Year after her performance at the ACC Indoor Championships during the last weekend of February.

Ahoure won both the 60 and 200-meter conference titles. She set the 200-meters meet record in the qualifying run with a time of 23.16, but broke it in the finals at 23.14.

The ACC Performer of the Year award is the third straight won by a Hurricane woman. Krista Simkins earned the honor last year after winning in the 200 and 400-meters. In the outdoor season, Kristy Whyte claimed the honor when she won both the 100 and 200 meters.

The Bristow, Va., native will compete at the NCAA National Indoor Championships in College Station, Texas, March 13-14.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...