Ahoure named ACC’s Indoor Track and Field MVP

Senior sprinter Murielle Ahoure was named the ACC’s Indoor Track and Field Performer of the Year after her performance at the ACC Indoor Championships during the last weekend of February.

Ahoure won both the 60 and 200-meter conference titles. She set the 200-meters meet record in the qualifying run with a time of 23.16, but broke it in the finals at 23.14.

The ACC Performer of the Year award is the third straight won by a Hurricane woman. Krista Simkins earned the honor last year after winning in the 200 and 400-meters. In the outdoor season, Kristy Whyte claimed the honor when she won both the 100 and 200 meters.

The Bristow, Va., native will compete at the NCAA National Indoor Championships in College Station, Texas, March 13-14.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...