U2’s newest not essential but worth a listen

Over time, U2’s music has become well acquainted with extravagant events – the Super Bowl, political rallies, sold-out stadium concerts – but that does not mean that U2 isn’t willing to take risks with their music. No Line on the Horizon is representative of the more daring side of U2, and while almost nothing on this album is on par with some of their classic albums, it stands alone in its own right.

While No Line features one of the worst-titled tracks ever (“I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight”), songs like “Stand Up Comedy” and “Get On Your Boots” (with which they opened this year’s Grammy Awards) are worthy. The beautiful, sparse “Moment of Surrender” is the stand-out song of No Line, and, in time, it may reach the notoriety of “Beautiful Day” or “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” as one of the band’s signature songs.

No Line is certainly not one of U2’s essential works, but it’s worth a listen if only to get listeners excited for the tour that is sure to follow the album’s release. Still, for a look at the classic U2, look to Achtung Baby or All That You Can’t Leave Behind.

Rating: 2.5/4 stars

Sarah B. Pilchick

Senior EDGE Writer

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...