Sports Briefs

TRACK/FIELD

Senior Murielle Ahoure won both the 60-meter and 200-meter dashes at the ACC championships this weekend at Virginia Tech’s Rector Field House.

Ahoure holds the nation’s fastest times in both events: 7.17 in the 60 meters and 23.14 in the 200 meters.

Junior Cory Nelms took the title in the 60-meter hurdles with a season-best time of 7.95 seconds. Junior Mikese Morse finished second in the long jump and triple jump. He broke a 17-year-old school record with a 7.90 m.

The team of junior Nene Kamate, sophomores Tameka Jameson and Ti’erra Brown and senior Ena Leufroy ran to a second-place finish in the 4×400-meter relay, crossing the line at 3:39.54.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...