Sports Briefs

TRACK/FIELD

Senior Murielle Ahoure won both the 60-meter and 200-meter dashes at the ACC championships this weekend at Virginia Tech’s Rector Field House.

Ahoure holds the nation’s fastest times in both events: 7.17 in the 60 meters and 23.14 in the 200 meters.

Junior Cory Nelms took the title in the 60-meter hurdles with a season-best time of 7.95 seconds. Junior Mikese Morse finished second in the long jump and triple jump. He broke a 17-year-old school record with a 7.90 m.

The team of junior Nene Kamate, sophomores Tameka Jameson and Ti’erra Brown and senior Ena Leufroy ran to a second-place finish in the 4×400-meter relay, crossing the line at 3:39.54.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...