RSMAS Beats

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) is currently accepting entries for its annual underwater photography contest. The deadline of March 31 is fast approaching. The contest will be divided into three categories: fish or marine animal portrait, macro, and wide angle photography. In addition, RSMAS will also recognize the best UM student submission and the best overall submission. The top prize will be $300 dollars and a cruise departing from the Bahamas. The contest is open to all amateur photographers who earn no more than 20 percent of their income from their photography.

On Thursday, RSMAS announced that David Letson was elected chair of the Division of Marine Affairs and Policy. Letson has been part of the school for the past 14 years as a professor and participant in the multidisciplinary evaluation of climate forecasting. His research at RSMAS focuses on natural resource economics, particularly on extreme weather and climate variations.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

USA Diving announced the recipients of its annual awards at a ceremony in conjunction with the 2017 ...