Baseball

Canes sweep Gators, win 16-2

Senior right fielder Dave DiNatale went 4 for 6 with three RBI as the Hurricanes (6-1) broke open a 0-0 game with seven runs in the fourth to beat the Gators, 16-2, and earn the series sweep at McKethan Stadium in Gainesville, Fla.

Freshman center fielder Nathan Melendres and junior third baseman Chris Herrmann also collected three RBI each. Hermann and freshman first baseman Harold Martinez both homered as sophomore left-hander Iden Nazario pitched five innings of two-run ball with seven strikeouts.

Florida fell to 5-3.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...