Basketball

Canes escape on the road, beat Cavaliers 62-55

Senior guard Jack McClinton scored below his season average of 20.1 points per game with just 11, but turned a two-point lead into five with less than a minute remaining as Miami escaped with an Atlantic Coast Conference road win over Virginia, 62-55, Thursday night at John Paul Jones Arena.

McClinton shot 3-of-10 from the field, while senior forward Brian Asbury notched a team-high 13 points. Sophomore guard Jeff Jones led UVA with 16 points.

The Hurricanes (17-10, 6-8) won their third straight in the series against the Cavs (9-15, 3-10).

Miami returns to the hardcourt for its final regular season road game next Wednesday to face Georgia Tech (10-16, 1-12) at 7:30 p.m.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...