Memorial service for Henry King Stanford to be held on Friday at 3 p.m. in Storer Auditorium

A memorial for the late Henry King Stanford, the third president of the University of Miami, will be held tomorrow at the Storer Auditorium in the University of Miami’s School of Business at 3 p.m.

In an event entitled, “A Beloved Leader, A Treasured Legacy,” students, members of the community and alumni have been invited to campus to remember how Stanford touched their lives as president.

“Dr. Stanford was deeply beloved by the university community,” UM president Donna E. Shalala said upon Stanford’s passing. “Many alumni and longtime faculty and staff members have told me about how he would walk around the campus and greet everyone, even during times of student unrest. His enthusiasm for the university was infectious.”

Stanford served as UM president from 1962 to 1981, the second-longest serving leader in school history. A residential college, the school’s main road and a merit scholarship are named in his honor.

For more information, visit the alumni association’s website at www.miami.edu/alumni or call 1-866-UMALUMS.

Matthew Bunch

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...