Memorial service for Henry King Stanford to be held on Friday at 3 p.m. in Storer Auditorium

A memorial for the late Henry King Stanford, the third president of the University of Miami, will be held tomorrow at the Storer Auditorium in the University of Miami’s School of Business at 3 p.m.

In an event entitled, “A Beloved Leader, A Treasured Legacy,” students, members of the community and alumni have been invited to campus to remember how Stanford touched their lives as president.

“Dr. Stanford was deeply beloved by the university community,” UM president Donna E. Shalala said upon Stanford’s passing. “Many alumni and longtime faculty and staff members have told me about how he would walk around the campus and greet everyone, even during times of student unrest. His enthusiasm for the university was infectious.”

Stanford served as UM president from 1962 to 1981, the second-longest serving leader in school history. A residential college, the school’s main road and a merit scholarship are named in his honor.

For more information, visit the alumni association’s website at www.miami.edu/alumni or call 1-866-UMALUMS.

Matthew Bunch

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...