Meg & Dia’s marathon tour brings them to South Florida

Meg & Dia have been on a marathon tour in support of their 2006 release Something Real for the past four years, but singer Dia Frampton says she does not regret it at all.

“There’s perks to it and there are things that are bad about it,” Dia said in an interview with The Miami Hurricane. “Of course I miss my family, and I miss my bed and having showers available, but I’ve seen almost all 50 states four or five times over and I’ve traveled and met tons of amazing people.”

The rock-infused pop band, which began with Dia and sister Meg, who plays guitar, now includes drummer Nick Price, guitarist Carlo Gimenez and bassist Jonathan Snyder. They gained much of their popularity from self-promotion on Web sites such as MySpace, Facebook and YouTube, yet Dia cited touring as the most effective way to connect with fans.

“Touring definitely helps getting your name out there in a much more organic way,” Dia said. “You can get out and meet people that listen to you and talk to them.”

Aside from performing on this year’s Take Action Tour with Cute is What We Aim For, Meg & Dia will also release a new album in April entitled Here, Here and Here which, according to Dia, will be very different from their first album.

Whereas the songs on Something Real were inspired mainly by books, Dia said this album is much more personal. It will be different from the “lit-core” many people have come to expect, with the songs focusing mainly on growing up, being on the road, and relationships.

“Whenever people ask what it’s about I say it’s almost like you’re opening my personal diary; sometimes it freaks me out how much I put on the table because it is very personal,” said Dia, laughing.

If You Go:

What: Meg & Dia

When: Sunday, March 1 at 6 p.m.

Where: Revolution, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale

Cost: $15

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...