Names released in ZBT arrests

Police have released the names of the two UM students arrested in last week’s raid on the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity house.

Twenty-year old Robert Joseph Falk and 20-year old Mitchell Wade Pielet were arrested by Coral Gables police after an ongoing investigation into the sale and distribution of illegal drugs.

Falk was charged on four counts: two felony counts of sale and possession of cannabis, one felony count of possessing a contraband substance and one misdemeanor count of possessing drug paraphernalia. He was bonded out after having it set at $1000.

Pielet was charged with one count of sale and possession of cannabis, and bonded out after having it set at $7500.

According to the Miami-Dade Clerk of Courts website, both have a hearing on Mar. 12 at 9 a.m.

Matthew Bunch

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...