Hurriqueen: What to do about my oversized libido?

NOTE: Portions of this question have been redacted, due to concerns over offensive subject matter.

Dear Hurriqueen,

I have a big problem that plays a major role in my daily life. I love sex and I just can’t get enough of it. When I’ve just had it, I already feel like having it again. Sex is on my mind 24/7 and this is actually nothing bad despite the fact that I am a young white woman and not a man. I would be considered a ho if I would really live out my sex life the way I want to – while having NO partner. Solution desperately needed.

– Desperate nymphomaniac

Dear Reader,
First off, everyone wants sex. You say you love it so much that it plays a major role in your life without posing a major problem. That’s fine. As long as you’re having safe sex with clean and tested partners, I don’t see a problem either. But if you’re using Facebook as a booty call, if you’re rolling out of a stranger’s dorm room in the same clothes you wore to the club the night before, if you’re doing it like they did it in the 1970s, well sweetie, you actually do have a problem.

You seem to take concern with your status as a white and single woman who might be considered a “ho.” I could care less if you’re purple or orange – that has nothing to do with this. As for your status as a woman, I just want to make sure that you realize you’re vulnerable to being taken advantage of in horrible ways and that you have a lot more to lose (or gain) from your sexcapades than a guy does. Download “Papa Don’t Preach” if you don’t catch my drift.

XOXO,
The Hurriqueen

Note: Dear Readers, whether you have enjoyed this column or not, I hope it has been thought-provoking. Recently, the editor and I have had differences in the direction that this column has taken. I have been asked to limit the social issues that it addresses. I have always been willing to edit language to make it appropriate for all readers. However, I can no longer write this column if I am asked to delete portions of your questions so as to avoid commentary on important social issues. Thank you for your questions, comments and feedback the last two years.

The Hurriqueen

Advice Columnist

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

After a double-bye, the fourth-seeded and No. 15-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Ch ...

The Hurricanes will compete in the 54-hole Austin Regional at the University of Texas Golf Club from ...

The Hurricanes are headed to Fayetteville, Ark., to compete at the inaugural National Relay Champion ...

For the final time in his storied career, Miami head coach Jim Morris and his Hurricanes will make t ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...