Basketball

Women lose another close ACC matchup

For the eighth time this season, freshman forward Shenise Johnson led the Hurricanes in scoring, but it wasn’t enough as Boston College pulled away in the second half for a 71-64 victory Monday night at the BankUnited Center.

Johnson scored 18 points, dished out a team-high three assists, grabbed seven rebounds, blocked three shots and had five steals.

10 different Canes scored, with nine players notching 10 minutes or more of playing time.

The Eagles (18-7. 6-4) broke the game wide open with sophomore center Carolyn Swords’ team-high 24 points and 11 rebounds, despite turning the ball over 25 times as a team.

Miami (13-12, 2-8) plays its next three games on the road, starting Thursday at No. 15 Virginia (19-7, 5-5).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...