Junior Lionel Moise the only candidate for SG president

MOISE

MOISE

There is only one candidate running in this year’s Student Government presidential election: Lionel Moise, a junior, who will be running alongside vice-presidential candidate Kristen Weaver and candidate for treasurer Jeremy Kruger, both of whom are also juniors.

Competition still exists outside of this ticket, titled “U Matter, U Decide,” in the form of write-in candidates. However, write-in candidates cannot use graphic campaigning, which Brian M. Orefice, the co-advisor of Student Government, said is anything besides e-mail and word of mouth.

According to Student Government President Brandon Gross, the application process, for which the deadline was Feb. 6 at 5 p.m., became easier this year. Not only were applications in their usual locations, in the orientation and Student Government offices, but candidates for the first time had the option of applying online at www.miami.edu/sg.

Gross said that this was the only time Student Government advisors has seen a single-party race.

“People finally got to see Student Government do more and I thought this would encourage more people to step up to run next election,” Gross said.

Graphic campaigning begins today at 9 a.m. According to Moise, his team still plans on campaigning. They want students to know their platform and to make sure they are serving their constituent’s desires.

Moise continued to say that he had no problem in the application process to register his ticket.

Orefice said that there were rumors of up to three tickets running this year.

SG elections will occur from Feb. 23 to Feb. 25 and will also include senatorial races.

Info Boxes:
U Matter, U Decide
–          Online ticketing for games
–          Movie rentals at the UC
–          Expanded shuttle to Key Biscayne and Miracle Mile
–          More consistent Ibis Rides at the University Village

Lionel Moise
–          Member of Alpha Phi Alpha
–          Chief of Staff Internal for SG
–          R.A. for the University Village
–          First Vice President of UBS
–          Orientation Leader

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...