Sports Briefs

TRACK/FIELD

Senior Murielle Ahoure won both the 60 and 200-meter titles Saturday at the Gilliam Indoor Track and Field Stadium at Texas A&M. Ahoure, who owns the world’s fastest time in the 60-meter event, became the world’s fastest sprinter this year in the 200-meter with a time of 23.14 seconds.

Sophomore All-American Ti’erra Brown finished second in the 60-meter hurdle and the 4×400 relay team also claimed second place for Miami.

SWIMMING/DIVING

National Champion and All-American junior diver Brittany Viola was announced as an addition to the USA diving roster for the 2009 FINA World Championships in Rome.

Earlier in the week, Viola competed at the World Selection Camp in Columbus, Ohio, where she recorded the highest score in the one-meter springboard. She also scored two second-place and one third-place dives on the platform event.

The 5′5″ Orlando, Fla. native will join six Beijing Olympians in July as they compete in Italy.

SOCCER

Five members of the women’s soccer team were named to the 2008 All-ACC Academic Team.

Sophomores Brittney Macdonald, Brittney Steinbruch and Lauren Singer earned their second honors, while senior Corynn Carino and freshman Julianne Rickers were recognized for the first time.

To be eligible, student-athletes must have earned a 3.0 grade point average for the previous semester and a 3.0 cumulative average during her academic career.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...