Football

John Lovett named as Miami’s new defensive coordinator

John Lovett

John Lovett

The University of Miami has announced that John Lovett will be the school’s new defensive coordinator, replacing Bill Young, who left for the same position at Oklahoma State.

Lovett served the last two years at North Carolina as the team’s special teams coordinator and a defensive assistant.

“John brings a wealth of experience and success, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the ACC,” head coach Randy Shannon said in a statement. “He has consistently elevated the play of defenses at every school he has coached.”

In the past 10 years, Lovett has served as a defensive coordinator at Bowling Green, Auburn and Clemson.

For more on the hiring of John Lovett, stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Matthew Bunch

Miami coach Mark Richt nearly went through his weekly teleconference Sunday without anyone asking hi ...

I opened my eyes this morning and for the first time in a long time, maybe all season, didn’t say, “ ...

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

For the second straight week, the Miami Hurricanes were ranked No. 2 in both the Associated Press po ...

The Miami women's basketball team dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in ...

The University of Miami volleyball team closed out the weekend with a convincing 3-0 win at Virginia ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...