Sports Briefs

TRACK/FIELD

Senior Murielle Ahoure, who owns the fastest time in the 60-meter dash this year, won the 200-meter dash with a provisional time of 23.26 seconds at the Virginia Tech Elite on Saturday.

Junior Mikese Morse notched his third provisional mark of the year for a season-best distance of 7.58 meters in the long jump and also placed third in the triple jump.

On the women’s side, sophomore Tameka Jameson won the 400-meter dash and freshman Brittni Finch finished third in her first collegiate attempt at the triple jump.

Miami participates at the Texas A&M Invite next weekend.

SOCCER

Ten student-athletes will join the University of Miami women’s soccer team as part of the 2009 class, including two All-Americans, three National ODP Players, six Regional ODP players and three national champions.

Defender Cassidy Banks and goalkeeper Ali Brennan each played for the national champion McLean Freedom club team. Forward Samantha Falk was a five-time state champion in club soccer and recorded 38 goals and 70 assists during her high school career.

The Canes finished 10-9-3 and reached the first round of the NCAA tournament for the second consecutive year this season. The program will lose just two starters for next year and returns 18 letter-winners.

VOLLEYBALL

University of Miami freshman outside hitter Lane Carico was named an honorable mention for the 2008 Stellar Spiker team from Collegiate Volleyball Update (CVU.com), which recently tabbed her as a rising star.

This marks the fourth award for Carico, who led the squad in kills (369), service aces (35) and points (433).

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

A few quick thoughts (or second thoughts) after 14th-ranked UM’s 52-30 win against Toledo on Saturda ...

Miami Hurricanes senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios sprinted — in a joyous frenzy — for about 30 y ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...

The Miami women's tennis team concluded its opening weekend of play Sunday on the final day of ...

The University of Miami swimming team continued its weekend at All-Florida Invitational at the Steph ...