Broaden your horizions at Study Abroad Fair

University of Miami students who dream of studying abroad will have the opportunity to learn more at the annual Study Abroad Fair on Tuesday, which takes place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Rock.

Students seeking an international experience will get an overview of each program from past participants.

“Each student will be in charge of promoting the program they attended, since it’s the best the best way to let students know what to expect,” said Kefryn Block, coordinator for the International Education and Exchange Programs.

This year, the program’s study abroad office is offering new courses, such as a business course in Italy, a dance course in Jamaica and a public relations program in England. To qualify, students have to be sophomores and have a minimum 3.0 grade point average.

Currently, UM holds partnerships with 80 institutions in 33 countries. Students can choose a single semester, a full year or a short summer program.

“The most desired locations are England and Australia, but we have two new programs that were successful in Israel and Prague,’’ Block said. “They are designed by UM, so it is just like classes on campus, but [in]a different country.”

During the past academic year, 321 students from UM went abroad for at least a semester. According to the Institution of International Education, 241,791 students in the Unites States studied abroad during the 2006-2007 academic year.

“Everyone should take advantage of an opportunity to study abroad”, said Fernanda Carrasco, an exchange student from Brazil studying psychology at UM. “I am able to see different ways of how my profession is perceived in the U.S.”

Marina Granziera

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...