Sports Briefs

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

The University of Miami women’s basketball team (12-10, 1-6) overcame early foul trouble to defeat SIU-Edwardsville (5-19) 83-72 Wednesday night at the Vadalabene Center.

Junior center Ashley Sours scored a career-high 16 points and grabbed a team-high five rebounds.

For the first time in 13 games, the Hurricanes outrebounded an opponent.

Four different Canes finished with double digits in points – Sours, freshman forward Shenise Johnson, junior guard Charmaine Clark and senior guard LaToya Cunningham.

Miami hosts rival and 15th-ranked Florida State (18-5, 6-1) at 3 p.m. Sunday.

BASEBALL

The University of Miami baseball team will hold its third annual Hurricanes Baseball FanFest from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14, at the newly renovated Alex Rodriguez Park.

Admission is free to the public and FanFest will feature a bounce house and interactive area for kids, speed pitch area, team autograph session and home run derby.

Immediately following FanFest, the Canes will take part in an intrasquad scrimmage.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...