Sports Briefs

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

The University of Miami women’s basketball team (12-10, 1-6) overcame early foul trouble to defeat SIU-Edwardsville (5-19) 83-72 Wednesday night at the Vadalabene Center.

Junior center Ashley Sours scored a career-high 16 points and grabbed a team-high five rebounds.

For the first time in 13 games, the Hurricanes outrebounded an opponent.

Four different Canes finished with double digits in points – Sours, freshman forward Shenise Johnson, junior guard Charmaine Clark and senior guard LaToya Cunningham.

Miami hosts rival and 15th-ranked Florida State (18-5, 6-1) at 3 p.m. Sunday.

BASEBALL

The University of Miami baseball team will hold its third annual Hurricanes Baseball FanFest from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14, at the newly renovated Alex Rodriguez Park.

Admission is free to the public and FanFest will feature a bounce house and interactive area for kids, speed pitch area, team autograph session and home run derby.

Immediately following FanFest, the Canes will take part in an intrasquad scrimmage.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...