Sports Briefs

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

The University of Miami women’s basketball team (12-10, 1-6) overcame early foul trouble to defeat SIU-Edwardsville (5-19) 83-72 Wednesday night at the Vadalabene Center.

Junior center Ashley Sours scored a career-high 16 points and grabbed a team-high five rebounds.

For the first time in 13 games, the Hurricanes outrebounded an opponent.

Four different Canes finished with double digits in points – Sours, freshman forward Shenise Johnson, junior guard Charmaine Clark and senior guard LaToya Cunningham.

Miami hosts rival and 15th-ranked Florida State (18-5, 6-1) at 3 p.m. Sunday.

BASEBALL

The University of Miami baseball team will hold its third annual Hurricanes Baseball FanFest from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14, at the newly renovated Alex Rodriguez Park.

Admission is free to the public and FanFest will feature a bounce house and interactive area for kids, speed pitch area, team autograph session and home run derby.

Immediately following FanFest, the Canes will take part in an intrasquad scrimmage.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...