SG president to speak with education school dean about name change

Student Government President Brandon Gross discussed possible name changes for the University of Miami School of Education with the SG Senate yesterday.

“I thought student input was important because the name of the school is going to show up on their diploma,” Gross said.

According to Gross, there are about five different options for the School of Education’s new name. One name includes the School of Education and Community Well-Being.

The senate preferred including “Sports Science” in the name as 66 percent of the students major in this field.

Gross is planning to schedule a meeting with Isaac Prilleltensky, the dean of the School of Education, to discuss these concerns.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...