SG president to speak with education school dean about name change

Student Government President Brandon Gross discussed possible name changes for the University of Miami School of Education with the SG Senate yesterday.

“I thought student input was important because the name of the school is going to show up on their diploma,” Gross said.

According to Gross, there are about five different options for the School of Education’s new name. One name includes the School of Education and Community Well-Being.

The senate preferred including “Sports Science” in the name as 66 percent of the students major in this field.

Gross is planning to schedule a meeting with Isaac Prilleltensky, the dean of the School of Education, to discuss these concerns.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...