SG president to speak with education school dean about name change

Student Government President Brandon Gross discussed possible name changes for the University of Miami School of Education with the SG Senate yesterday.

“I thought student input was important because the name of the school is going to show up on their diploma,” Gross said.

According to Gross, there are about five different options for the School of Education’s new name. One name includes the School of Education and Community Well-Being.

The senate preferred including “Sports Science” in the name as 66 percent of the students major in this field.

Gross is planning to schedule a meeting with Isaac Prilleltensky, the dean of the School of Education, to discuss these concerns.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...