Turnout for senior yearbook photos lowest yet

The University of Miami’s Ibis Yearbook is facing an unprecedented low turnout for senior photo sign-ups, while having the largest turnout of underclassmen sign-ups since underclassmen pictures were reintroduced to the book six years ago.

“I do not know why there is such a low turnout among seniors,” said Randy Stano, the faculty advisor for the Ibis Yearbook. “It might be because seniors do not want to think about graduation until the spring and think they can get this picture taken later.”

Next week might be the last time to take pictures. Approximately 300 slots are currently available for next week. The photographer will not take pictures during an additional week unless 90 percent of this approaching week’s slots are filled.

The number of seniors who signed up for yearbook pictures is half that of previous years, with 310 seniors. In the past, there are usually between 650 to 700 seniors to have signed up at this time of the year. Overall, the yearbook usually gets around 900 to 11,000 senior portraits in their book.

There will be over 1,500 undergraduate pictures, which is more than the yearbook anticipated. This could be partially due to the addition of new marketing tactics, including the use of LISTSERVS, table tents, banners and flyers on every floor in the dormitories to notify students about the opportunity to get their pictures taken.

How to take a yearbook picture

Sign up for your yearbook picture in the UC Lower Lounge, Feb 2 -Feb 6, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Underclassmen: No appointment or fee

Seniors: Make an appointment at ibisyearbook.com. Seniors will be charged a $25 fee.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...