Football

Miami defensive coordinator Bill Young to take same position at Oklahoma State

Bill Young

Bill Young

University of Miami defensive coordinator Bill Young has decided to return to his alma mater, as he will become the defensive coordinator of Oklahoma State University.

Young played football for the Cowboys from 1965 through 1967, lining up as linebacker and defensive end. He came to Miami last year from Kansas, where his defense led the Jayhawks to their first BCS bowl appearance. Miami’s defense improved dramatically this year, finishing in the top 30 overall.

Head coach Randy Shannon has yet to comment on the defection of Young, and it’s unclear who will replace him, although there has been discussion of current Georgia defensive coordinator Willy Martinez, who was a defensive back for Miami from 1981 to 1984 and served as a graduate assistant.

Matthew Bunch

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...