Swimming/Diving

Canes storm past CCSU

The University of Miami swimming and diving team took 12-of-13 top times and scores en route to a 166-73 victory against Central Connecticut State University Saturday afternoon at the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

Freshman Kelci Bryant won the one-meter diving event, while junior All-American and NCAA Champion Brittany Viola captured the three-meter springboard.

Blue Devil senior Erin Crowley won the sole event for CCSU – the 1000 freestyle – with a time of 10:24.22.

The Hurricanes finished 4-2 at home this season.

Miami (8-4) travels to College Park, Md. for a tri-meet on Jan. 24 against the University of Richmond (0-2) and the host Terrapins (6-2).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...