Swimming/Diving

Canes storm past CCSU

The University of Miami swimming and diving team took 12-of-13 top times and scores en route to a 166-73 victory against Central Connecticut State University Saturday afternoon at the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

Freshman Kelci Bryant won the one-meter diving event, while junior All-American and NCAA Champion Brittany Viola captured the three-meter springboard.

Blue Devil senior Erin Crowley won the sole event for CCSU – the 1000 freestyle – with a time of 10:24.22.

The Hurricanes finished 4-2 at home this season.

Miami (8-4) travels to College Park, Md. for a tri-meet on Jan. 24 against the University of Richmond (0-2) and the host Terrapins (6-2).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...