Basketball

Blue Devils drop Canes, 73-58

Despite sophomore guard Epiphany Woodson’s 16 points and junior transfer Latoya Drake’s 11, Miami’s leading scorer, freshman forward Shenise Johnson, was limited to just three points in the Hurricanes’ 73-58 loss Friday night at Duke.

The fifth-ranked Blue Devils outrebounded the Canes 48-27, caused 20 turnovers and improved to 6-0 all-time against UM.

Sophomore forward Karima Christmas led Duke (13-1, 1-0) with a career-high 21 points in the team’s 11th straight victory.

Miami (10-6, 0-2) returns home to take on No. 22 Georgia Tech (12-3, 0-1) at 7 p.m. Monday, with the game set to be televised on FSN Florida.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...

RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: cURL error 56: Failure when receiving data from the peer