Tennis

Women’s tennis ranked 13th in ITA poll

On Tuesday afternoon, the University of Miami women’s tennis team earned a No. 13 ranking in a poll released by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA).

Five Hurricanes return from last year’s squad which finished 17-6 and reached the Round of 16 in the NCAA Tournament.

Sophomore transfer Julia Cohen leads the Canes as the eighth-ranked singles player along with sophomore Bianca Eichkorn at 20th. Fellow sophomore Michaela Kissell made the national rankings at No. 50.

Two-time All-American Laura Vallverdu, sidelined for much of the fall season with an injury, enters at No. 114 for her senior campaign.

The doubles team of Vallverdu and Kissell is ranked sixth, while the duo of Kissell and Eichkorn will begin 14th nationally.

Miami begins its season at home against Florida Gulf Coast on Friday, Jan. 23 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...