Basketball

Tigers erase deficit, defeat Canes 74-68

The University of Miami women’s basketball team’s 13-point lead vanished in the second half as Clemson rallied for a 74-68 victory Monday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

It was the first Atlantic Coast Conference game of the season for both teams.

Midway through the second half, the Tigers (10-4, 1-0) went on a 22-2 run over the course of six minutes and 10 seconds to take a seven-point lead.

Only two Canes scored in double digits as freshman guard Riquna Williams notched a career-high 23 points and freshman forward Shenise Johnson, who was named ACC Rookie of the Week, finished with 16 points and seven rebounds.

Three Tigers scored in double figures, led by freshman center Shaniqua Pauldo’s 15 off the bench.

Miami (10-5, 0-1) heads on the road to take on fifth-ranked Duke at 7 p.m. Friday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...