Football

Pair pledge to Hurricane football

Seminole High School (Seminole, Fla./Sanford) defensive end Dyron Dye and defensive back Ray Ray Armstrong pledged to the University of Miami during the Under Armour All-America Game Sunday night at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

At 6-4 and 215 pounds, Armstrong played several positions en route to a state championship this fall. He is a top-20 overall prospect, who committed to Miami over Florida, LSU and Georgia.

Dye joined his high school teammate in becoming a Cane and ranks 11th nationally at the defensive end position. The 6-4, 215-pounder chose the Hurricanes over Florida State, the Gators and Tigers.

Before Sunday, Miami’s recruiting class ranked 10th. With the two verbal commitments, the Canes are expected to move into the top-5.

Last year, the Hurricanes landed linebacker Sean Spence and cornerback Brandon Harris at the inaugural Under Armour game. Both made an impact as freshmen this past season.

More than 80 of the nation’s top high school seniors showcased their talents for the game, which aired on ESPN.

To read analysis about the commitments of Armstrong and Dye from Senior Football Writer Dan Stein, click here.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...