Football

Pair pledge to Hurricane football

Seminole High School (Seminole, Fla./Sanford) defensive end Dyron Dye and defensive back Ray Ray Armstrong pledged to the University of Miami during the Under Armour All-America Game Sunday night at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

At 6-4 and 215 pounds, Armstrong played several positions en route to a state championship this fall. He is a top-20 overall prospect, who committed to Miami over Florida, LSU and Georgia.

Dye joined his high school teammate in becoming a Cane and ranks 11th nationally at the defensive end position. The 6-4, 215-pounder chose the Hurricanes over Florida State, the Gators and Tigers.

Before Sunday, Miami’s recruiting class ranked 10th. With the two verbal commitments, the Canes are expected to move into the top-5.

Last year, the Hurricanes landed linebacker Sean Spence and cornerback Brandon Harris at the inaugural Under Armour game. Both made an impact as freshmen this past season.

More than 80 of the nation’s top high school seniors showcased their talents for the game, which aired on ESPN.

To read analysis about the commitments of Armstrong and Dye from Senior Football Writer Dan Stein, click here.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...