Football

Pair pledge to Hurricane football

Seminole High School (Seminole, Fla./Sanford) defensive end Dyron Dye and defensive back Ray Ray Armstrong pledged to the University of Miami during the Under Armour All-America Game Sunday night at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

At 6-4 and 215 pounds, Armstrong played several positions en route to a state championship this fall. He is a top-20 overall prospect, who committed to Miami over Florida, LSU and Georgia.

Dye joined his high school teammate in becoming a Cane and ranks 11th nationally at the defensive end position. The 6-4, 215-pounder chose the Hurricanes over Florida State, the Gators and Tigers.

Before Sunday, Miami’s recruiting class ranked 10th. With the two verbal commitments, the Canes are expected to move into the top-5.

Last year, the Hurricanes landed linebacker Sean Spence and cornerback Brandon Harris at the inaugural Under Armour game. Both made an impact as freshmen this past season.

More than 80 of the nation’s top high school seniors showcased their talents for the game, which aired on ESPN.

To read analysis about the commitments of Armstrong and Dye from Senior Football Writer Dan Stein, click here.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...