Football

Pair pledge to Hurricane football

Seminole High School (Seminole, Fla./Sanford) defensive end Dyron Dye and defensive back Ray Ray Armstrong pledged to the University of Miami during the Under Armour All-America Game Sunday night at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

At 6-4 and 215 pounds, Armstrong played several positions en route to a state championship this fall. He is a top-20 overall prospect, who committed to Miami over Florida, LSU and Georgia.

Dye joined his high school teammate in becoming a Cane and ranks 11th nationally at the defensive end position. The 6-4, 215-pounder chose the Hurricanes over Florida State, the Gators and Tigers.

Before Sunday, Miami’s recruiting class ranked 10th. With the two verbal commitments, the Canes are expected to move into the top-5.

Last year, the Hurricanes landed linebacker Sean Spence and cornerback Brandon Harris at the inaugural Under Armour game. Both made an impact as freshmen this past season.

More than 80 of the nation’s top high school seniors showcased their talents for the game, which aired on ESPN.

To read analysis about the commitments of Armstrong and Dye from Senior Football Writer Dan Stein, click here.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...