Football

Marve given permission to transfer

Robert Marve, UM’s starting quarterback for 11 games this season, has asked for and has been granted his release from head coach Randy Shannon, ending a two-year association with the University of Miami.

University of Miami sports information director Kerwin Lonzo confirmed on Tuesday reports of Marve’s intent to transfer.

It is unconfirmed at this time where Marve intends to transfer now that he has been granted his release.

Marve’s time in Miami has been marked by much promise, but two off-field incidents which have led to suspensions, including last Saturday’s Emerald Bowl. Marve ends his Miami career with 11 starts, in which he amassed 1,293 yards, with nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He completed 54.5 percent of his attempted passes.

Matthew Bunch

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...