Basketball

Canes stumble, fall 91-72

Senior K.C. Rivers and the Clemson Tigers rolled past the University of Miami men’s basketball team 91-72 Sunday night at the BankUnited Center.

Rivers, who scored a game-high 28 points, helped the 25th-ranked Tigers (12-0, 1-0) overcome an early 12-point deficit and keep pace with third-ranked Pittsburgh for Division I’s best record.

Senior Jack McClinton led the Hurricanes (7-3, 0-1) with 20 points. Turnovers troubled the Canes as they committed a season-high 22, 12 of which came in the final 11 minutes of the first half. During that span, Clemson went on a 29-9 run.

Missed free throws haunted UM. Collectively, the team finished 11-for-26 from the line.

Miami returns to action against St. John’s (9-2) at noon Saturday in New York, N.Y.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...

A ninth-inning solo home from Pittsburgh proved the difference Friday night, as Miami dropped the se ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Straight-set victories at the top four singles positions brought the University of Miami men's ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...