Basketball

Canes stumble, fall 91-72

Senior K.C. Rivers and the Clemson Tigers rolled past the University of Miami men’s basketball team 91-72 Sunday night at the BankUnited Center.

Rivers, who scored a game-high 28 points, helped the 25th-ranked Tigers (12-0, 1-0) overcome an early 12-point deficit and keep pace with third-ranked Pittsburgh for Division I’s best record.

Senior Jack McClinton led the Hurricanes (7-3, 0-1) with 20 points. Turnovers troubled the Canes as they committed a season-high 22, 12 of which came in the final 11 minutes of the first half. During that span, Clemson went on a 29-9 run.

Missed free throws haunted UM. Collectively, the team finished 11-for-26 from the line.

Miami returns to action against St. John’s (9-2) at noon Saturday in New York, N.Y.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...