Basketball

Canes stumble, fall 91-72

Senior K.C. Rivers and the Clemson Tigers rolled past the University of Miami men’s basketball team 91-72 Sunday night at the BankUnited Center.

Rivers, who scored a game-high 28 points, helped the 25th-ranked Tigers (12-0, 1-0) overcome an early 12-point deficit and keep pace with third-ranked Pittsburgh for Division I’s best record.

Senior Jack McClinton led the Hurricanes (7-3, 0-1) with 20 points. Turnovers troubled the Canes as they committed a season-high 22, 12 of which came in the final 11 minutes of the first half. During that span, Clemson went on a 29-9 run.

Missed free throws haunted UM. Collectively, the team finished 11-for-26 from the line.

Miami returns to action against St. John’s (9-2) at noon Saturday in New York, N.Y.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...