Baseball

Baseball team makes preseason poll

After making it to the College World Series this past summer for the 11th time in 15 years under head coach Jim Morris, Collegiate Baseball Newspaper ranked the University of Miami baseball team 18th in its preseason poll.

Three other Atlantic Coast Conference teams made the Top 20: second-ranked North Carolina, seventh-ranked Florida State and 12th-ranked Georgia Tech. Louisiana State will begin the season at No. 1.

Eight Hurricanes were drafted in June’s amateur draft, but 19 players return from last year’s squad that finished 53-11, including Preseason All-Americans in sophomore left-hander Chris Hernandez, junior shortstop Ryan Jackson and junior right-hander Kyle Bellamy.

Miami begins its season Feb. 20 against Rutgers at newly-renovated Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...