Basketball

Canes surge in second half, win 83-65

The University of Miami women’s basketball team defeated Grambling State 83-65 for its third straight victory Sunday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Lamese James came off the bench to lead the Hurricanes (8-3) with 17 points. Freshmen Shenise Johnson and Riquna Williams also finished in double digits with 11 apiece.

Although the Tigers (2-7) outrebounded the Canes, UM’s bench held a 47-17 scoring advantage. Midway through the second half, the Hurricanes held a 25-point lead.

Miami will host the UM Holiday Tournament Dec. 29-30 with competition from Duquesne (9-3), Brown (1-8) and 10th-ranked Auburn (12-0).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...