Basketball

Canes surge in second half, win 83-65

The University of Miami women’s basketball team defeated Grambling State 83-65 for its third straight victory Sunday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Lamese James came off the bench to lead the Hurricanes (8-3) with 17 points. Freshmen Shenise Johnson and Riquna Williams also finished in double digits with 11 apiece.

Although the Tigers (2-7) outrebounded the Canes, UM’s bench held a 47-17 scoring advantage. Midway through the second half, the Hurricanes held a 25-point lead.

Miami will host the UM Holiday Tournament Dec. 29-30 with competition from Duquesne (9-3), Brown (1-8) and 10th-ranked Auburn (12-0).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...