Basketball

Canes edge resilient Robert Morris Colonials, win 70-62

The University of Miami men’s basketball team defeated Robert Morris 70-62 for its third consecutive victory Sunday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

Senior guard Jack McClinton scored a game-high 24 points as four Hurricanes put up double digits. Junior forward Dwayne Collins and junior guard James Dews scored 11 apiece, while senior guard Lance Hurdle chipped in 10.

McClinton also brought in a career-high nine rebounds to help the Canes jump out to a 12-point lead at the half.

The Colonials (4-5) outscored UM 12-4 to start the second half and got within four points before the Hurricanes followed with seven unanswered points.

Miami (7-2) returns to the hardcourt at 7:45 p.m. Sunday to host the Clemson Tigers (10-0) in the first ACC game of the season.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...