Basketball

Canes edge resilient Robert Morris Colonials, win 70-62

The University of Miami men’s basketball team defeated Robert Morris 70-62 for its third consecutive victory Sunday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

Senior guard Jack McClinton scored a game-high 24 points as four Hurricanes put up double digits. Junior forward Dwayne Collins and junior guard James Dews scored 11 apiece, while senior guard Lance Hurdle chipped in 10.

McClinton also brought in a career-high nine rebounds to help the Canes jump out to a 12-point lead at the half.

The Colonials (4-5) outscored UM 12-4 to start the second half and got within four points before the Hurricanes followed with seven unanswered points.

Miami (7-2) returns to the hardcourt at 7:45 p.m. Sunday to host the Clemson Tigers (10-0) in the first ACC game of the season.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...