Basketball

Hurricanes open homestand with 76-50 win against FIU

Three Hurricanes finished in double figures as Miami defeated Florida International 76-50 at the BankUnited Center Friday night.

Junior guard James Dews led the Canes with 15 points, while senior guard Jack McClinton scored 12 for the Hurricanes (6-2). Miami native and sophomore guard, Eddie Rios, added 10. Michael Dominguez led the Panthers (4-6) with 15 points and six rebounds.

Senior forward Jimmy Graham and freshman forward DeQuan Jones each blocked four shots as UM (6-2) totaled 13 on the night, the program’s most since 2004 when the team swatted 16 against Florida Atlantic.

No. 25 Miami hosts Robert Morris (4-4) at 1 p.m. Sunday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...