US and World News

The terrorists that attacked Mumbai, India, planned to kill over 5,000 people, according to R.R. Patil, the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra state. This number was based on an investigation that found bullets, grenades and bombs with the attackers.

In Zimbabwe, police broke up a riot that was incited by cash withdrawal limits on people’s bank accounts. Several union leaders were arrested. Zimbabwe is currently having inflation problems.

In Somalia, local elders have negotiated with pirates to release the cargo ship they received without ransom.  The crew and ship were safe.

Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss won his re-election race in Georgia against Democrat Jim Martin. This win ends Democratic hopes of having enough seats to end a filibuster. Sixty votes are required to end a filibuster.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...