Student Activities Center to be delayed one year; Rathskeller to remain open during that time

FREEZE: An artist's rendering of the proposed Student Activity Center. Due to the credit crisis, construction on the building will be halted one year.

Construction on the new Student Activity Center is being delayed one year due to the current “credit crisis,” meaning the university’s Rathskeller will remain open until that time, according to vice president for Student Affairs Patricia A. Whitely.

In an e-mail sent out by university president Donna E. Shalala last week, it was announced that construction projects that weren’t under way would be delayed and reviewed, and the SAC falls into that category.

In related news, the renovation of the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center will not be affected by the construction freeze and will go on as planned.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as this story develops.

Matthew Bunch

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Student Activities Center to be delayed one year; Rathskeller to remain open during that time”

1. Frankie says:

Just leave the damn Rathskeller… I like the burgers.

2. A.Nonymous says:

Victory!

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...