Student Activities Center to be delayed one year; Rathskeller to remain open during that time

FREEZE: An artist's rendering of the proposed Student Activity Center. Due to the credit crisis, construction on the building will be halted one year.

Construction on the new Student Activity Center is being delayed one year due to the current “credit crisis,” meaning the university’s Rathskeller will remain open until that time, according to vice president for Student Affairs Patricia A. Whitely.

In an e-mail sent out by university president Donna E. Shalala last week, it was announced that construction projects that weren’t under way would be delayed and reviewed, and the SAC falls into that category.

In related news, the renovation of the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center will not be affected by the construction freeze and will go on as planned.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as this story develops.

Matthew Bunch

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Student Activities Center to be delayed one year; Rathskeller to remain open during that time”

1. Frankie says:

Just leave the damn Rathskeller… I like the burgers.

2. A.Nonymous says:

Victory!

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...