Student Activities Center to be delayed one year; Rathskeller to remain open during that time

FREEZE: An artist's rendering of the proposed Student Activity Center. Due to the credit crisis, construction on the building will be halted one year.

Construction on the new Student Activity Center is being delayed one year due to the current “credit crisis,” meaning the university’s Rathskeller will remain open until that time, according to vice president for Student Affairs Patricia A. Whitely.

In an e-mail sent out by university president Donna E. Shalala last week, it was announced that construction projects that weren’t under way would be delayed and reviewed, and the SAC falls into that category.

In related news, the renovation of the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center will not be affected by the construction freeze and will go on as planned.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as this story develops.

Matthew Bunch

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Student Activities Center to be delayed one year; Rathskeller to remain open during that time”

1. Frankie says:

Just leave the damn Rathskeller… I like the burgers.

2. A.Nonymous says:

Victory!

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...