Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL

Trio earn All-ACC Honors

Freshman linebacker Sean Spence was named ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Spence finished third on the team with 62 total tackles and led all Hurricane linebackers with 7.5 tackles for a loss.

Sophomore kicker/punter Matt Bosher earned second team All-ACC accolades, while senior safety Anthony Reddick received an honorable mention.

Bosher connected on 17-of-19 field goals and ranked third in the ACC with an 89.5 field goal percentage this season. He was also a semifinalist for the Lou Groza Award, given to the nation’s top kicker.

Reddick led Miami with 48 total tackles and 30 solo tackles against ACC competition. He started in 11 of 12 games for a secondary that ranked 14th nationally in pass defense.

VOLLEYBALL

Carico and Lantagne Welch win top ACC awards

Freshman outside hitter Lane Carico was selected as the ACC Freshman of the Year, while eighth year head coach Nicole Lantagne Welch collected the ACC Coach of the Year award.

Carico, senior middle blocker Angelica Ellis and junior outside hitter Genny Mayhew were all selected to the All-ACC Second Team, from a Hurricane team that finished tied for third place in the ACC with Clemson.

The three selections marked the most for a UM volleyball team since 2002’s All-Big East representatives Marcela Gamarra, Mallorey James and Valeria Tipiana.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...