South Miami Beats

South Miami Commissioner and Vice Mayor Randy Wiscombe resigned last Tuesday. Wiscombe, elected in 2000 to serve on the city commission, is retiring early due to health concerns. A special election will be held in January to determine who will fill his position.

The locally owned Coconut Grove Bank is opening a South Miami branch. The bank, which has been open for over 80 years, has various locations across Miami, with the newest one to be located on 6400 South Dixie Hwy.

The JCC Alper in Kendall is reopening its “A Walk through Jerusalem” exhibit this Saturday, Dec. 7. The exhibit, which is geared towards children, features a hands-on experience in which the old city of Jerusalem and its eight gates are brought to life. Each gate will represent a different theme, and the program will include activities that will teach of the city’s history, geography and culture, as well as tolerance for the different cultures it houses. The exhibit will also feature photography by Aiza Olmert.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...