South Miami Beats

South Miami Commissioner and Vice Mayor Randy Wiscombe resigned last Tuesday. Wiscombe, elected in 2000 to serve on the city commission, is retiring early due to health concerns. A special election will be held in January to determine who will fill his position.

The locally owned Coconut Grove Bank is opening a South Miami branch. The bank, which has been open for over 80 years, has various locations across Miami, with the newest one to be located on 6400 South Dixie Hwy.

The JCC Alper in Kendall is reopening its “A Walk through Jerusalem” exhibit this Saturday, Dec. 7. The exhibit, which is geared towards children, features a hands-on experience in which the old city of Jerusalem and its eight gates are brought to life. Each gate will represent a different theme, and the program will include activities that will teach of the city’s history, geography and culture, as well as tolerance for the different cultures it houses. The exhibit will also feature photography by Aiza Olmert.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...