CD Review: Brandy

Brandy Norwood, better known as Brandy, is sitting on top of the world again. After missing in action in the industry for four years, a car accident that cost someone their life, and departing from Atlantic Records after a decade, Brandy has made a comeback.

Her new album, Human, consists of fifteen tracks. The album was produced by various big industry names, such as Rodney Jerkins, Chase N. Cashe, D’Mile, Brian Gardner, Hit-Boy, Brian Kennedy, Chris Plata and RedOne.

“Right Here (Departed)” is the lead single off the album and was released in late August. This single was considered to be a great comeback song for the artist after a couple of years. “Long Distance,” which dropped on Oct. 15, is the second single off Human. It explains the conditions of long-distance relationships, whether the peopling involved are significant others, siblings, friends or parent and child.

The album shows a more sensitive side to Brandy than her albums in the past, as if she went through an epiphany and changed the pitch of her artistic sound.

The album was set to release in mid November, but because Brandy wanted to record additional tracks, it was delayed. However, those tracks did not make the cut. Human is set is set to release Tuesday, Dec. 9.

Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

Tracy Anioce

Contributing EDGE Writer

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...