CD Review: Brandy

Brandy Norwood, better known as Brandy, is sitting on top of the world again. After missing in action in the industry for four years, a car accident that cost someone their life, and departing from Atlantic Records after a decade, Brandy has made a comeback.

Her new album, Human, consists of fifteen tracks. The album was produced by various big industry names, such as Rodney Jerkins, Chase N. Cashe, D’Mile, Brian Gardner, Hit-Boy, Brian Kennedy, Chris Plata and RedOne.

“Right Here (Departed)” is the lead single off the album and was released in late August. This single was considered to be a great comeback song for the artist after a couple of years. “Long Distance,” which dropped on Oct. 15, is the second single off Human. It explains the conditions of long-distance relationships, whether the peopling involved are significant others, siblings, friends or parent and child.

The album shows a more sensitive side to Brandy than her albums in the past, as if she went through an epiphany and changed the pitch of her artistic sound.

The album was set to release in mid November, but because Brandy wanted to record additional tracks, it was delayed. However, those tracks did not make the cut. Human is set is set to release Tuesday, Dec. 9.

Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

Tracy Anioce

Contributing EDGE Writer

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...