CD Review: Brandy

Brandy Norwood, better known as Brandy, is sitting on top of the world again. After missing in action in the industry for four years, a car accident that cost someone their life, and departing from Atlantic Records after a decade, Brandy has made a comeback.

Her new album, Human, consists of fifteen tracks. The album was produced by various big industry names, such as Rodney Jerkins, Chase N. Cashe, D’Mile, Brian Gardner, Hit-Boy, Brian Kennedy, Chris Plata and RedOne.

“Right Here (Departed)” is the lead single off the album and was released in late August. This single was considered to be a great comeback song for the artist after a couple of years. “Long Distance,” which dropped on Oct. 15, is the second single off Human. It explains the conditions of long-distance relationships, whether the peopling involved are significant others, siblings, friends or parent and child.

The album shows a more sensitive side to Brandy than her albums in the past, as if she went through an epiphany and changed the pitch of her artistic sound.

The album was set to release in mid November, but because Brandy wanted to record additional tracks, it was delayed. However, those tracks did not make the cut. Human is set is set to release Tuesday, Dec. 9.

Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

Tracy Anioce

Contributing EDGE Writer

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...