Candlelight vigil for Mumbai victims tomorrow night

A candlelight vigil to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai will take place tomorrow at 7 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge.

This event is hosted by the Indian Students Association Executive Board, the Hindu Students Council and Delta Epsilon Psi.

“These terrorist attacks affected more than just India, it affected many ethnicities,” Amar Mandalia, president of the Indian Student Association, said. “As a diverse university we can come together and show that we are not shaken by these cowardly acts.”
Approximately 217 people, including 150 Indians, were killed after 10 different locations in Mumbai were attacked by terrorists. 
Patricia A. Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs, and Brad McGuinn, a political science professor with expertise in foreign policy, will speak at this event. A moment of silence will also be observed.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...