Candlelight vigil for Mumbai victims tomorrow night

A candlelight vigil to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai will take place tomorrow at 7 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge.

This event is hosted by the Indian Students Association Executive Board, the Hindu Students Council and Delta Epsilon Psi.

“These terrorist attacks affected more than just India, it affected many ethnicities,” Amar Mandalia, president of the Indian Student Association, said. “As a diverse university we can come together and show that we are not shaken by these cowardly acts.”
Approximately 217 people, including 150 Indians, were killed after 10 different locations in Mumbai were attacked by terrorists. 
Patricia A. Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs, and Brad McGuinn, a political science professor with expertise in foreign policy, will speak at this event. A moment of silence will also be observed.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...