Football

Hurricanes fall to Wolfpack

After getting thumped by Georgia Tech over a week ago, the University of Miami football team had high hopes of finishing the regular season on a strong note. Things, though, did not go as planned, as the Canes fell to North Carolina State, 38-28.

For the second straight game, Miami’s defense had trouble stopping the run, giving up over 200 rushing yards in the first half.

This, though, could have been overcome had it not been for self-created mistakes – penalties and turnovers. The Hurricanes were penalized six times for 58 yards, while the Wolfpack were penalized only twice for 25 yards.

Despite these obstacles, the real difference in this game was the Canes’ four turnovers. The Canes were in the game until late game turnovers, an interception at the end of the third quarter and two interceptions in the fourth quarter served as the back-breaker for the Hurricanes. Both Robert Marve and Jacory Harris threw two interceptions each, and their turnovers resulted in 10 points for the Wolfpack.

Although the Canes finished the regular season with two straight losses, the team will make an appearance in a post-season bowl game, as the team finishes 7-5 and 4-4 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Pravin Patel

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...