Football

Hurricanes fall to Wolfpack

After getting thumped by Georgia Tech over a week ago, the University of Miami football team had high hopes of finishing the regular season on a strong note. Things, though, did not go as planned, as the Canes fell to North Carolina State, 38-28.

For the second straight game, Miami’s defense had trouble stopping the run, giving up over 200 rushing yards in the first half.

This, though, could have been overcome had it not been for self-created mistakes – penalties and turnovers. The Hurricanes were penalized six times for 58 yards, while the Wolfpack were penalized only twice for 25 yards.

Despite these obstacles, the real difference in this game was the Canes’ four turnovers. The Canes were in the game until late game turnovers, an interception at the end of the third quarter and two interceptions in the fourth quarter served as the back-breaker for the Hurricanes. Both Robert Marve and Jacory Harris threw two interceptions each, and their turnovers resulted in 10 points for the Wolfpack.

Although the Canes finished the regular season with two straight losses, the team will make an appearance in a post-season bowl game, as the team finishes 7-5 and 4-4 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Pravin Patel

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...