Basketball

Canes storm past Toreros

After falling to second-ranked Connecticut in the semifinals at Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands, No. 21 Miami trounced San Diego (2-3), 80-45, Monday night.

Senior forward Brian Asbury scored 14 points to help the Hurricanes (4-1) claim third place in the tournament.

Three others racked up double figures, including senior forward Jimmy Graham, who recorded his first career double-double with 11 points and 13 rebounds, on his birthday.

UM returns home to face Stetson (3-2) at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...