Sports Briefs

DIVING

Ross takes title

Junior diver Reuben Ross won the three-meter springboard event on Saturday at the 2008 Georgia Tech Invitational in Atlanta, Ga.

Ross, the defending national champion in the event, scored a 433.00, which was more than 50 points ahead of second-place junior Aaron Fleshner of Alabama.

BASKETBALL

Top prospect signs

6’5″ guard Durand Scott (New York, N.Y.) signed a letter of intent to play basketball for the Hurricanes.

Scott, who is rated as one of the top 10 shooting guards, selected Miami over Connecticut and Pittsburgh. He joins Garrius Adams and Donnavan Kirk as early signees for a class ranked 20th nationally by ESPN.

ROWING

Team names captains

University of Miami second-year rowing coach Robbie Tenenbaum and his staff announced sophomore Christina Crocco, senior Laura Cordner and junior Nic Saner will be captains for the 2008-09 season.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...