Sports Briefs

DIVING

Ross takes title

Junior diver Reuben Ross won the three-meter springboard event on Saturday at the 2008 Georgia Tech Invitational in Atlanta, Ga.

Ross, the defending national champion in the event, scored a 433.00, which was more than 50 points ahead of second-place junior Aaron Fleshner of Alabama.

BASKETBALL

Top prospect signs

6’5″ guard Durand Scott (New York, N.Y.) signed a letter of intent to play basketball for the Hurricanes.

Scott, who is rated as one of the top 10 shooting guards, selected Miami over Connecticut and Pittsburgh. He joins Garrius Adams and Donnavan Kirk as early signees for a class ranked 20th nationally by ESPN.

ROWING

Team names captains

University of Miami second-year rowing coach Robbie Tenenbaum and his staff announced sophomore Christina Crocco, senior Laura Cordner and junior Nic Saner will be captains for the 2008-09 season.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports Briefs”

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...