Sports Briefs

DIVING

Ross takes title

Junior diver Reuben Ross won the three-meter springboard event on Saturday at the 2008 Georgia Tech Invitational in Atlanta, Ga.

Ross, the defending national champion in the event, scored a 433.00, which was more than 50 points ahead of second-place junior Aaron Fleshner of Alabama.

BASKETBALL

Top prospect signs

6’5″ guard Durand Scott (New York, N.Y.) signed a letter of intent to play basketball for the Hurricanes.

Scott, who is rated as one of the top 10 shooting guards, selected Miami over Connecticut and Pittsburgh. He joins Garrius Adams and Donnavan Kirk as early signees for a class ranked 20th nationally by ESPN.

ROWING

Team names captains

University of Miami second-year rowing coach Robbie Tenenbaum and his staff announced sophomore Christina Crocco, senior Laura Cordner and junior Nic Saner will be captains for the 2008-09 season.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports Briefs”

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...