Letters to the Editor

Closure? I think not

With every tragic event, there are tragic repercussions. In the case of the beloved Eddie Pieron, a close friend, closure came in the form of a beautiful ceremony put on by his closest of friends. When a fellow student mentioned that the police have made little progress with Eddie’s case, I went and did a little research. I found that the reward for information leading to an arrest for our dear Eddie is $1,000. On the outside this may seem sweet and simple, but under the surface, it is upsetting and illogical. The reason I say upsetting is because the reward money for the mutilated American crocodile was five times that. $5,000 for an animal, $1,000 for a human, friend, peer. I’m just curious who the hell decides these arbitrary prices. Is it Crime Stoppers or the police? Either way, it is borderline disrespectful to put a price on closure – especially when that price is 20 percent that of an animal.

– Ramsa Mosari

Senior

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...