South Miami Beat Notebook: Nov. 20

The second Friday of every month from October to May is Art Night in South Miami. Work from local artists will be featured at businesses around the area. Guests can meet up at the new SoMi SoU Boutique on Red Road and 74th Street to experience a night full of food, entertainment and wine, in addition to getting a chance to meet up with the artists.

A new Italian restaurant, Osteria degli Amici, recently opened. The restaurant, located on 56th Avenue near Ace Hardware, is headed by Isabella Kernel. Kernel, raised in Rome, obtained a degree from Le Cordon Bleu in London and is now hoping to bring the Italian spirit to South Miami. The restaurant has already seen patronage by celebrities such as Michael Jordan.

Fitness Together, the weight loss studio led by personal trainer Scott Baumann, had its grand opening celebration on Oct. 30 at its location alongside the new South Miami parking garage. The fitness programs are private, providing almost one-on-one instruction from the trainers. Fitness Together emphasizes weight and circuit training and requires all beginners to sign up for three months.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...