Rat Reprieve: Restaurant to remain open until Spring Break

SAVED: Students eat at the Rathskeller's patio on Wednesday. Vice President Patricia A. Whitely announced that evening that the Rat would remain open until Spring Break 2009. STEVE ROOT // Hurricane Staff

The University of Miami’s Rathskeller will remain open until the start of Spring Break, March 13, 2009,  according to Vice President for Student Affairs Pat Whitely. This announcement was made today to the Student Government Senate at their weekly meeting.

“The Rat” was scheduled to be closed at the end of this semester, Dec. 5, but due to delays in the construction process of the Student Activities Center, the restaurant will live to see the new year.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as this story develops.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...