Football

Matchup: Miami vs. Georgia Tech

Quarterback: Miami’s Robert Marve looked good last week – until he got into the red zone, where the offense stalled three separate times. On the road, he will have to be better and quicker with his reads. Jacory Harris will once again see action, and whoever is better up to halftime will get to play the second half. Georgia Tech’s Josh Nesbitt is underrated and a major threat, but is injured and may or may not play. Tech coach Paul Johnson likes backup Jaybo Shaw, but from what I have seen of the kid, he is not ready yet. EDGE: EVEN

Running Back: Tech’s Jonathan Dwyer is a stud. He is averaging 6.6 yards per carry as the fullback in Tech’s triple option offense and has gone for over 1,000 yards rushing on the season. Miami’s Graig Cooper and Javarris James are getting better as James’s carries go up and Cooper’s carries go down, but they have yet to effectively finish a full game as a tandem. EDGE: Tech

Receivers: Miami’s group continues to be solid, but also seems to be hitting the “rookie wall.” Tech’s Demaryius Thomas is a threat and has over half of his team’s catches, with 33. He will get the ball; Miami can only hope to contain him after the fact. EDGE: EVEN

Offensive Line: Miami sees the return of Jason Fox from injury this week, which will be big against Tech’s athletic line. Tech will be without star tackle Andrew Gardner. Both teams do a good job against the run, but Miami is getting better against the pass, as the season goes on and Fox comes back. EDGE: Miami

Defensive Line: Marcus Robinson, Allen Bailey and Marcus Forston all stepped up in a big way last week. They will have to carry that over to this week if Miami is to stop the triple option running game of Tech. The Ramblin’ Wreck has an athletic, pass rushing line led by stud Michael Johnson. EDGE: Even

Linebackers: Miami’s group continues to play well, and Sean Spence is quietly becoming not just a good freshman but a bona fide star. Tech has a solid group, but no one stands out. EDGE: Miami

Secondary: Tech is led by Morgan Burnett, who leads the team in tackles and already has six interceptions. Miami’s secondary continues to benefit from a developing pass rush but will have its hands full with Thomas. EDGE: Tech

Special Teams: Matt Bosher has excelled both punting and kicking and should get All-American consideration. Tech’s Scott Blair is only 8/15 on field goals this year. EDGE: Miami

Dan Stein

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...