Football

Matchup: Miami vs. Georgia Tech

Quarterback: Miami’s Robert Marve looked good last week – until he got into the red zone, where the offense stalled three separate times. On the road, he will have to be better and quicker with his reads. Jacory Harris will once again see action, and whoever is better up to halftime will get to play the second half. Georgia Tech’s Josh Nesbitt is underrated and a major threat, but is injured and may or may not play. Tech coach Paul Johnson likes backup Jaybo Shaw, but from what I have seen of the kid, he is not ready yet. EDGE: EVEN

Running Back: Tech’s Jonathan Dwyer is a stud. He is averaging 6.6 yards per carry as the fullback in Tech’s triple option offense and has gone for over 1,000 yards rushing on the season. Miami’s Graig Cooper and Javarris James are getting better as James’s carries go up and Cooper’s carries go down, but they have yet to effectively finish a full game as a tandem. EDGE: Tech

Receivers: Miami’s group continues to be solid, but also seems to be hitting the “rookie wall.” Tech’s Demaryius Thomas is a threat and has over half of his team’s catches, with 33. He will get the ball; Miami can only hope to contain him after the fact. EDGE: EVEN

Offensive Line: Miami sees the return of Jason Fox from injury this week, which will be big against Tech’s athletic line. Tech will be without star tackle Andrew Gardner. Both teams do a good job against the run, but Miami is getting better against the pass, as the season goes on and Fox comes back. EDGE: Miami

Defensive Line: Marcus Robinson, Allen Bailey and Marcus Forston all stepped up in a big way last week. They will have to carry that over to this week if Miami is to stop the triple option running game of Tech. The Ramblin’ Wreck has an athletic, pass rushing line led by stud Michael Johnson. EDGE: Even

Linebackers: Miami’s group continues to play well, and Sean Spence is quietly becoming not just a good freshman but a bona fide star. Tech has a solid group, but no one stands out. EDGE: Miami

Secondary: Tech is led by Morgan Burnett, who leads the team in tackles and already has six interceptions. Miami’s secondary continues to benefit from a developing pass rush but will have its hands full with Thomas. EDGE: Tech

Special Teams: Matt Bosher has excelled both punting and kicking and should get All-American consideration. Tech’s Scott Blair is only 8/15 on field goals this year. EDGE: Miami

Dan Stein

When the 2018 recruiting cycle came to an end in February, Miami, Florida and Florida State all fini ...

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...