Basketball

Basketball recruit Scott chooses UM over UConn, Pitt

Durand Scott

Durand Scott

Highly touted shooting guard Durand Scott announced on SNY television Wednesday that he would leave the northeast and spurn powerhouse Connecticut to attend the University of Miami.

Rated among the top 50 players in the recruiting class of 2009, Scott chose Miami over the Huskies and fellow Big East member Pitt.

“I made my decision because of comfortability, just the type of person I am and where I believe I best fit,” Scott said on SNY. “When I took my visit to Miami, I knew it was the place I wanted to be. But I didn’t want to tell everybody. I wanted to weigh my options.”

Scott joins two other highly regarded players in 6’8″ power forward Donnovan Kirk from Detroit and 6’5″ shooting guard Garrius Adams from North Carolina. Miami is also in the running for point guard John Wall, considered the best player in the 2009 recruiting class.

Scott’s announcement on SNY:

Matthew Bunch

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...