Baseball

Miami Herald: Pitcher Erickson out for season

Sophomore left-handed pitcher Eric Erickson will miss the 2009 baseball season after having reconstructive surgery on his elbow, the Miami Herald reported on their Web site Tuesday night.

According to the Herald‘s Susan Miller Degnan, the surgery took place last Wednesday, and Erickson will take a medical redshirt for the upcoming baseball season.

”This past summer I went to the Cape Cod League, and it was really bothering me, kind of a struggle,” Erickson told the Herald. “I took about eight weeks off of not throwing after the summer, and it still bothered me.”

Erickson was a freshman All-American in 2007 (10-4, 2.50 ERA), and finished 2008 (9-1, 4.15) as the No. 2 pitcher behind Chris Hernandez, as the Canes lost at the College World Series.

Miami baseball is slated to resume in February 2009.

Matthew Bunch

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...