US and World News

BAGHDAD – Iraq’s cabinet overwhelmingly approved a security pact with the U.S. on Sunday, accepting the presence of U.S. troops until 2012. The deal detailing the conditions of U.S. presence still needs parliamentary approval, and lawmakers could vote as soon as Nov. 24.

SOMALIA – On Sunday, an armed group captured a Japanese freighter off the coast of Somalia. There was a 23 member crew on board. The hijackers’ motives and the safety of the crew is still unclear.

WASHINGTON – Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said this Saturday that the House of Representatives would give money to collapsing American automakers. This money was conditional as the auto industry has to meet new standards such as increased fuel efficiency. Pelosi did not specify how much money the House would allot.

ATLANTA – Bill Clinton has been campaigning for Democratic challenger Jim Martin in his Dec. 2 run-off race against incumbent Republican Saxby Chambliss. Last week, former Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain campaigned for Chambliss.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...