Spotted On Site: Jessica Rausch

DESIGN: Jessica Rausch, who is also minoring in art and art history, chose architecture because of her interest in buildings and because it balances the subjects of art, math and science. TANYA THOMPSON // Hurricane Staff

Jessica Rausch, a fourth-year architecture major, is also minoring in art and art history.

The Miami Hurricane: Where are you from?

Jessica Rausch: Annapolis, Maryland.

TMH: So why go to Miami for school?

JR: It is something different to come here, totally different from home. Besides it’s only a two hour plane ride down here so my mom can visit me more often.

TMH: What made you want to study architecture?

JR: When I was 4 or 5 I was obsessed with Legos and I would always build Lego houses and such with my dad. So it has always been in the back of my mind. I would always comment on pretty houses. When I was in high school the art teachers pushed art and the math and science teachers pushed their subjects so architecture was a balance between the two.

TMH: What do you do in your free time?

JR: I’m in a sorority, Delta Gamma, and on the executive board. The executive board is made up of a president and 8 VPs and I’m one of the VPs, which means I’m in charge of Greek Week and philanthropy events and I have to be at everything, so that takes up a lot of time. Also I’m an only child so it has helped me become a lot more outgoing.

TMH: What do you plan to do after you leave college?

JR: There are a lot of options, one being interior design. But I don’t know because I’m also really interested in teaching so we’ll see.

TMH: So you mentioned study abroad. What’s your plan with regarding that?

JR: Yes, I’m going to Rome in Spring 2010, my last semester here. I will be studying architecture, and since it is through the school of architecture, not the study abroad program, the professors travel with us and then they bring in guess professors.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...