Sports Briefs

SWIMMING/DIVING

Team wins three of four

In a five-meet invite at Georgia Tech, the University of Miami swimming and diving team (8-4) came away with three wins, including a victory over the Yellow Jackets, 147-124.

Miami also defeated Georgia Southern, 183-88, and New Orleans, 186-57. The lone loss came to Western Kentucky, 155-129.

Sophomore Annika Saarnak took the top time in both the 100 and 200 freestyles.

Freshman Kelci Bryant picked up her first wins in the one-meter and three-meter diving events, while junior All-American Brittany Viola took second and third place.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Head coach announces spring schedule

The Hurricanes will host 13 matches this year at the renovated Neil Schiff Tennis Center, including the ITA National Indoor Qualifier on Jan. 30 and Feb. 1.

Miami opens up the season with four straight home matches, starting on Jan. 23 against Florida Gulf Coast.

The ACC championships are slated for April 16-19 in Cary, N.C., while the opening rounds of the NCAA tournament begin on May 8.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...