Sports Briefs

SWIMMING/DIVING

Team wins three of four

In a five-meet invite at Georgia Tech, the University of Miami swimming and diving team (8-4) came away with three wins, including a victory over the Yellow Jackets, 147-124.

Miami also defeated Georgia Southern, 183-88, and New Orleans, 186-57. The lone loss came to Western Kentucky, 155-129.

Sophomore Annika Saarnak took the top time in both the 100 and 200 freestyles.

Freshman Kelci Bryant picked up her first wins in the one-meter and three-meter diving events, while junior All-American Brittany Viola took second and third place.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Head coach announces spring schedule

The Hurricanes will host 13 matches this year at the renovated Neil Schiff Tennis Center, including the ITA National Indoor Qualifier on Jan. 30 and Feb. 1.

Miami opens up the season with four straight home matches, starting on Jan. 23 against Florida Gulf Coast.

The ACC championships are slated for April 16-19 in Cary, N.C., while the opening rounds of the NCAA tournament begin on May 8.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...