US and World News

ORLANDO – Beginning Dec. 1, public schools in Florida have to implement a uniformed anti-bullying policy after a bill was signed into law by Gov. Charlie Crist. The bill was the result of a three-year effort from a teacher whose son committed suicide after being bullied.

WASHINGTON – Sales of weapons have increased since Barack Obama won the presidency. Buyers and sellers attribute the surge to worries that Obama and a Democratic-controlled Congress will move to restrict firearm ownership, despite campaign aides saying Obama supports gun rights and considers the issue a low priority.

BAGHDAD – Iraqi-owned company North Oil has signed a contract for $3.5 billion with a Chinese state-owned oil corporation, CNPC.

MARIVAN, Iran – Iran test fired a new missile near the Iraqi border during a military maneuver. Iran warned American forces in Iraq last week that American helicopters were spotted flying close to Iran’s airspace.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...