US and World News

ORLANDO – Beginning Dec. 1, public schools in Florida have to implement a uniformed anti-bullying policy after a bill was signed into law by Gov. Charlie Crist. The bill was the result of a three-year effort from a teacher whose son committed suicide after being bullied.

WASHINGTON – Sales of weapons have increased since Barack Obama won the presidency. Buyers and sellers attribute the surge to worries that Obama and a Democratic-controlled Congress will move to restrict firearm ownership, despite campaign aides saying Obama supports gun rights and considers the issue a low priority.

BAGHDAD – Iraqi-owned company North Oil has signed a contract for $3.5 billion with a Chinese state-owned oil corporation, CNPC.

MARIVAN, Iran – Iran test fired a new missile near the Iraqi border during a military maneuver. Iran warned American forces in Iraq last week that American helicopters were spotted flying close to Iran’s airspace.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...